Friday 27 November 2009

Rigging.

The Rigging Process was long and hard. I used the book as guidelines and became increasingly stressed as I had already lost time due to the problems with the 3D paint tool.

I started by creating my joints. Which was fairly straight forward.
However when it came to the rigging there was a pr
oblem with the instructions with the book. This was incredibly frustrating as it was to do with how she explained rigging the arms and creating the elbow navigator.
I had already lost time to the texturing and i began to panic as i still needed to paint weights and animate. Luckily Steve emailed with a life line. A shelf installation for maya called puppet master which basically created a basic IK rig for you. So After battling with the instructions with the book a little while longer. I decided to give it a whirl.

It worked, kind of, most of the rig worked except the fingers, but i couldn't complain as it catapulted me forward to the weight painting stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment